Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Dad....

My Dad has been gone for one year. Today is the 1st anniversary of his passing. As my therapist daughter advised me,"the first year is the hardest." No words could be more true. It is the first of everything without him... Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter..really every single day. We had a wonderful celebration of his life on his birthday, September 23rd. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him-I miss his smile, his laughter and his voice. He had a million friends and a big family-all of which he loved so much. He was so proud of his girls and his grandchildren. He loved the Earth, plants, and all of Her beings...furry ones especially. My Dad adored his bride of 68 plus years. My Mom will look at his pictures and she lights up-a sparkle in her eye and a big beautiful smile will spread across her face. We have all struggled over the last year and she has been the strong one...holding us all up. She remembers the good times and remains so positive...always.
I love you so much Dad...I promise to continue to surround Mom with love and make sure she is happy and well cared for. I cherish your every memory.






No comments:

Post a Comment