Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!


I can't believe my birthday is already here.......again!! Wasn't it just yesterday when when the fabulous party for my 60th occurred? 


The old adage time flies when you're having fun is the honest to God truth. For sure, it has been a very busy year-obviously, the last time I blogged was October 1, 2012 . My blogger daughter (Lovely Life of Liz-check her out !) puts me to shame!!
The event from my last year that stands out from the rest was the relocation of my parents to Raleigh, NC. Fiercely independent at 92, my Dad became ill and being closer to family became necessary. There have been challenges, tears, much love and laughter. They are all settled in at a wonderful independent living facility and are both happy as clams.


Having this opportunity to be close to them at this time of their lives has been precious to me. The devotion and dedication to their grandparents shown by Tom, Liz, Brian, Stephan and Christie has been amazing. As always and forever, my Pizzaman is my rock.

So here's to another year flown by. I love my life, welcome these years and feel lucky to have them. My blessings are many and I am grateful for each of them. And finally, a quote for the next year...... "The older you get, the more important it is to not act your age." Perfect.....just perfect. Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You, and The Pizzaman, look absolutely AMAZING!!! I know where you get it from because Papa looks so good too! I cannot believe that man is 92! Love you and miss you!!! Hope your birthday was awesome <3

    ReplyDelete